Tatertot Casserole - WMW

My Honey's Tater-Tot Casserole 
I have a hungry man on my hands and this does the trick! He brought this recipe home from one of his job sites when he saw another fellow worker with it.  Not sure who so I can't take full credit of the recipe but we have made some changes to it.  

Ingredients:
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can Cream of Brocolli Soup
1 can died Green Chiles (If you want spicy otherwise you can leave out)
1 can Corn drained 
Photobucket
1 lb Ground Turkey
1 bag of Tater-tots (Can't guess how many tater tots, but enough to fill the bottom of your baking pan)
Photobucket
1 tsp of Chili Powder (If you want it spicy otherwise you can leave out)
Salt & Pepper to Taste

Directions: 
1. Using 9x13 pan, spray cooking oil or something to make tater tots not stick to pan.
Photobucket
Then line up your tater-tos in pan standing up (is our preference) then bake for directed amount of time varying by directions on your bags.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
2. Meanwhile brown your meat until cooked through on stove top in large pan, drain out fat then return to heat. 
3. Add in all other ingredients stir until mixed.  
Photobucket
Bring to a simmer and cook on low, meanwhile after tater-tots are finished baking we like to add in a cup of cheese on top of the tater-tots then return to bake until cheese is melted.  (Great option is to use Pepper Jack cheese slices it makes it spicy).
Photobucket
4. After cheese has melted then top with your meat/soup/corn mixture.  
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then top again with more cheese, amount is up to you.  
Photobucket
5. Cook till cheese is nice and golden brown.  
Photobucket
We like to broil the last few minutes to give the cheese extra crisp.
Photobucket

Then enjoy your tater-tot yummy goodness! 
Photobucket

I don't think this is the healthiest thing ever but it sure is tasty.  We really like it spicy otherwise it's alittle bland but still good overall. I've gained a new love for spicy food so I put hot sauce on everything now.

19 Lovely Notes:

californiadreamin said...

OOO that looks yummy! My hubby likes this one tator tot casserole I make:
2 cans of green beans
2 cans cream of chicken
1 pack of ground lean turkey breast
1 pack of tator tots

Same concept at yours, just different stuff- I'm gonna have to try yours - Thanks for posting!!

Unknown said...

I have been looking for something just like this! Thanks for posting!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Hmmm...this looks really interesting! I would definitely make it for someone (a man)!! Thanks for the recipe! :)

Danielle said...

Ohh this sounds like amazing comfort food. I'll have to give it a try sometime :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I must make this! It includes two of my faves..tater tots and cheese!!!

Karah said...

That sounds delicious. I am going to have to make that this week. YUMMY!!

Kelly Marie said...

CANNOT WAIT TO TRY THIS...love your recipes girl (:

Chardonnay said...

That sounds fab!! Not exactly healthy so I'm going to pass on making it.... I'd love just one serving though! I haven't had tots in so long. Yummm!!

I have a question too: How do you like West Sac? I assume you live in Southport? We're hoping to buy next winter and we're considering that area since it's so close to downtown. We live in Land Park now and would love to stay here but it's not in the budget!

Shelby Bukhenik said...

That sounds so odd, but look delicious, and thats all that matters, right?!?!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

My hubs would go nuts for this! He's tots addicted!

B said...

Just came across your blog from the Fulmer's. That casserole looks delicious! Cute blog :)

KW said...

um, i'm coming over tonight. this looks RIGHT up this preggo's lane!!! YUMMMM!!!

Iva Messy said...

I love corn and cheese. this is totally for me!!

Happy Cinco de Mayo! ;)

Valerie said...

Oooh, that looks delicious! I've never had tater-tot casserole, but I've always wanted to try it. Yum!

xo
Valerie

Nicole Marie said...

ohhhhhh my gosh i am so tempted to make that RIGHT now!! I don't even want to know how many calories that is!

star said...

I would try to make this, but I can't cook! I caught the stove on fire once!

I left you something on my blog lady!

http://starspinkworld.blogspot.com/2010/05/i-your-blog.html

The Undomestic Mom said...

YUM!!!! Ive got to try that!

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Hey Jenn,
Just wanted to stop by and let you know I featured your tatertot casserole on my blog today :) thanks for sharing this in the recipe swap!
take care,
Linda

Sarah said...

Looks delish!

www.thisfarmfamilyslife.blogspot.com

Newer Posts Older Posts Home